Suspended ceiling construction consisting of 25 kilometres of support channels
‘Centraal Station’ train station is situated in the centre of Amsterdam, built on three man-made islands. In 2017, a new hall called the Poortvrije Passage was added to the station, featuring one hundred shops and restaurants as well as east and west passageways. The approximately 800 metre-long Poortvrije Passage and the newly constructed 150 metre-long utility tunnel feature more than 180,000 MÜPRO products.
Building type: Train station
Requirements: Suspended ceiling made from support channel construction
- Ceiling fastening of cooling water and heating as well as suspended ceiling for the entire ceiling area in the hall as well as the two passageways with a support channel system, which ensures convenient, flexible assembly and enables special lengths thanks to its stability
- Support structure for fixing signs with special lengths as well as calculations of wind loads
- Fire resistance class F60 for support channel constructions
- Fixing of pipeline systems for heating and extinguishing water in the utility tunnel
- Development of functional 2D fastening solutions with AutoCAD by MÜPRO application engineers
- Determination of load values and necessary spacing between fastening support channels
- Installation of a grid-shaped steel construction with high load-bearing capacity for fixing of heating, cooling water and suspended ceiling, each consisting of a six metre-long Sendzimir-galvanised MPR-support channel as a custom-made design without perforation and two other Sendzimir-galvanised MPC-support channels with flexural rigidity.
- Fixing of suspended ceiling to MPC-support channels by means of threaded rods
- Bridging of already installed ducts to walls with cross channel connectors, which were pre-assembled from MPC-support channels as a CustomServ® service from MÜPRO and supplied to the construction site ready for installation
- Fixing of signs with MPT-support profiles Q50 custom-made to customer requirements
- Fixing of pipeline systems in utility tunnel with heavy-duty STATO brackets